E-cargo bike support for Sussex Partnership and Community staff based in Brighton and Hove
20 January 2021
By Hayley Carmichael
Brighton and Hove Hove City Council’s eCargo Bike Accelerator Project is designed to get people traveling for work purposes in a cleaner, greener way to benefit air quality and reduce carbon.
What is the Accelerator Project?
Brighton and Hove City Council are working with organizations around the city to encourage a switch to e-cargo bikes for journeys that might usually be done by car.
Under the project teams can trial an e-cargo bike, selected to best meet the needs of the usual journeys made by car and also will be provided with free rider training to boost confidence on the roads.
Teams who find the bike useful, and worth having for permanent use will be supported in finding the funding to make that happen.
What's the benefit of an e-cargo bike?
Advantages of e-cargo bikes include:
- the ability to bypass traffic jams
- zero emission journeys and access to car-free areas
- improvements to your physical and mental health from a more enjoyable & active form of transport
- an electric motor, making riding uphill or carrying a heavy load easy
- simple and convenient parking in busy urban areas
- the ability to carry loads of up to 200kg
How to find out more
If your team fits the bill for a free trial of an e-cargo bike, just email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on how to get a trial set up.